Stroke Order Rules Group 3
In this Chinese character lesson we will learn Group 3 of Chinese Stroke Order Rules, and see some example Characters that apply these two rules.
- Stroke Order Rule 5: Outside Before Inside.
- Stroke Order Rule 6: Inside Before Closing.
- What would be an example Character that applies Stroke Order Rule 5, Outside Before Inside?
- What would be an example Character that applies Stroke Order Rule 6, Inside Before Closing?
Stroke Order Rule 5: Outside Before Inside
Outside Before Inside, 先外后内.
This rule applies to characters that have an outside frame or liner, but aren’t entirely enclosed by the frame.
月, 多, 同, 风
Stroke Order Rule 6: Inside Before Closing
Inside Before Closing, 先外后内再封口
This applies when a character or a part of a character is completely enclosed by a “frame”. We’ll start from the outside, move to inside, and then close it as the last step.
- Start writing the frame, but don’t close it yet.
- Write the inside.
- Close it after the inside part is done.
日, 丹, 国, 回