We have three types of courses: Structured Courses, Skill-based Courses and Speaking Courses.
- Day-1 beginner
- Chinese Level 1 (Well over HSK 1)
- Chinese Level 2 (Well over HSK 2)
- Chinese Level 3 (Well over HSK 3)
If you’re a “day-1 beginner”, or almost a complete beginner,
- start with the Basic Level of our Structured Courses and learn at your own pace
- in the first week, finish all the Introduction Lessons of Pinyin Course, Tone Courseand Character Course.
- finish the three courses mentioned in No.2 as soon as you can(Pinyin, Tone and Character) while learning the Basic Level
Also we have a Learning Road Map that introduces two options: Beginner Full Path and Beginner Fast Track.
We are always working on new content and will move up levels as time goes. Below are our current production plan:
1. Current course
Currently we are working on our Level 3 Course, there will be 50 lessons and 400 videos in total.
We plan to release 2 to 3 lessons (each lesson includes 3 topics and 4 videos) every few weeks. However, we apologize that we cannot put the exact dates of release and completion.
This is because the educational content in each lesson is similar but not exactly the same.
2. Future courses
After Level 3 we will continue to make Level 4, 5, 6 and more.
The amount of content in each HSK level increases exponentially. For example:
- The content of Level 2 is equivalent to: Beginner + Level 1 combined
- The content of Level 3 is equivalent to: Beginner + Level 1 + Level 2 combined
- and so on...
ChineseFor.Us does not promise exact release dates. Upon purchase, you will have access to the entire site, and you will have access to all future updates as long as your subscription is active.
All courses are designed solely by ChineseFor.Us, founded by Lili and Chuck.
It’s a product based of over 20,000 hours of both teaching and studying Chinese at college level between Lili and Chuck.
The lessons and quizzes are tailor-made for these purposes and/or with these features:
- e-learning with a classroom-like approach
- all language skills: speaking, listening, reading, writing and interpreting
- HSK requirements
Extra materials are always good.
But you don’t need to get any textbooks to learn our courses.
A well-designed traditional set of Chinese student books usually come with a textbook, a workbook, a character workbook, a CD for the textbook, and a CD for the workbook. It can easily cost you over $150 just to get the full set of books.
Our website provide you all of them.
Get membership here to unlock all content and features.
Simplified Characters are used in Mainland China and Singapore, while Traditional Characters are used in Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan.
We use Simplified Characters for our lesson videos, lesson pages, lesson quizzes, etc.
Once you are familiar with one of the writing system, it should be fairly easy to get used to and be able to read the other, because there are certain rules how characters are simplified. Here's a video lesson about 6 ways how characters are simplified.
Certificate And Course Completion
Yes, a "Certificate of Completion" will be generated in PDF form after you completing a course. It can be found on your "My Progress" page.
Please also change your First Name and Last Name on your "Account Details" page so that the certificate will display your name correctly.
*Please note that the certificate is issued on behalf of ChineseFor.Us LLC, as a proof of completion of our course. An official language proficiency test certificate might be required by your employer, school, etc.
- click the "Mark Complete" button on the pages of (the button is located on the bottom of the page right above the comment section):
- all lessons
- all practice tasks
- all unit reviews
- the final exam
- the vocabulary list at the end
- all quizzes
- the final exam
To check incomplete steps for each course, please:
- Go to "Course Content Table" (at the bottom on each course page)
- Click "Expand All" on the top right corner of the content table
- Check for incomplete steps
- completed steps will be marked green
- incomplete steps will be marked gray
- solution for incomplete lesson: go to the lesson page and click the "Mark Complete" button at the bottom of the page, right above the comment section
- solution for incomplete practice task: go to the practice task page and click the "Mark Complete" button at the bottom of the page, right above the comment section
- solution for incomplete quiz: go to the quiz page and pass the quiz
Premium Membership Subscription
You can sign up to our subscriptions here. We now have three types of subscriptions:
- access for premium content and features for 1 month
- payment renews every month
- access for premium content and features for 6 month
- payment renews every 6 months
- access for premium content and features
We are always working on new content. However, the amount of educational content in each course is different. Some take a long time to prepare while others might take a shorter time. Because of this, release times will vary.
ChineseFor.Us does not promise exact release dates. Upon purchase, you will have access to the entire site, and you will have access to updates as long as your subscription is active.
The amount of content in each HSK course, increases exponentially. For example:
HSK 2's content is equivalent to: Beginner + Level 1 combined
HSK 3's content is equivalent to: Beginner + Level 1 + Level 2 combined
and so on...
Unfortunately we do not pause or extend access in any case.
Membership subscription is a product that grants access to all existing content and features on the site within a set number of days.
Also our free trial lessons gives all users a general idea of how many lessons we have and how fast their learning pace would be.
For initial orders:
We do not issue refunds. This is because we have sample lessons for each course and it gives all users a general idea of how the courses are like and how fast their own learning pace would be.
*Some exceptions may apply, feel free to contact us if you have questions. Thanks for your understanding.
For renewal orders:
If you forgot to cancel the subscription and were charged, we can issue the refund as long as you contact us within 30 days after the order and no studying activities occurred during that time period.
A small amount of processing fee (including fee charged by the payment gateway, such as Stripe and Paypal) will be deducted.
We apologize that our site is not compatible with Internet Explorer, please try another browser.
If you can view the pages but the video wouldn't play, please try
- update the browser to the newest version
- try another browser
- disable browser extensions, plugins, or add ons
- clear your browser’s cache
- restart your router and modem
- disable/enable hardware acceleration
Unfortunately if you’re in China and Indonesia, you will need to use a VPN to be able to watch the lesson videos.
This is because currently our video hosting service is blocked and not accessible in China and some other countries.
Once we can, we will upgrade to a service that can be accessed in more countries.
After cancelling the subscription, your access to premium content and features remains active.
This is because Subscriptions only handles your auto-renewal payment. You can cancel it anytime to end payment auto-renewal and still have access to premium content and features
Lesson & Quizzes
You can unlock all lessons, quizzes and other features simply by becoming a premium member of our site.
Click “MARK COMPLETE” button whenever you finish a lesson.
The button is at the bottom of the lesson page, right before the comment section.
You can find all your lesson progress and quiz statistics on your learning progress page.
Questions on learning Chinese language are assisted by professional educators in the lesson/course comment section. Please kindly follow these steps for assistance:
- Browse sticky comments for answers to frequently asked questions about that lesson/course. Questions commonly shared by Chinese learners are answered regularly in detail for better clarification, or even be turned into full video lessons later.
- If the answer to your question is not provided among the sticky comments, please post a comment on the lesson/course page.
Please also note that questions might not be displayed for reasons that - if they do not apply to the majority of learners, go beyond the course level , were based on misconceptions, etc...
User & Account
Lost your password? Please reset it here.
Sometimes the password-reset email might be delivered into your email spam folder, please try look for it if you don’t see it in your inbox.
You can upload or change your profile picture on the my account page.
The “First name” and “Last name” are for billing purposes, please make sure it matches your Payment Card information.
They will not be displayed publicly, your display name will be.
You can change/edit your display name. You display name is shown public on our site for comments, lesson practice and quizzes.
Your username is submitted when you registered on our site and since your email can be changed on the user's end, we use username as the ID to identify subscription order and membership, therefore the username cannot be changed. But your username will not be displayed publicly if you have set up a display name.