Too Expensive And So Cheap In Chinese | Descriptive Particle 的
In this video lesson we'll learn how to say Too Expensive and So Cheap in Chinese with 太.……了 Structure. Also we'll learn how to use two important words: Descriptive Particle 的 and Question Particle 呢.
- Exclamatory Sentences with 太.……了 structure in Chinese
- Descriptive Particle 的 in Chinese
- Question Particle 呢 in Chinese
- Say Too Expensive and So Cheap in Chinese: 贵 VS. 便宜
Grammar 1: Question Particle 呢 in Chinese · HSK 1
In Chinese, we can use 呢 to ask a contextual question that is explained by the previous statement or the context. It could be asking about “how about something” or “where is something” depending on the context. We put 呢 after the topic that we're asking about, like this:
____ + 呢 ？
ASKING "HOW ABOUT SOMETHING"
- wǒ xiǎng mǎi yìtái diànnǎo, nǐ ne 我想买一台电脑，你呢？I want to buy a computer, how about you?
- jīntiān bùxíng, míngtiān ne 今天不行，明天呢？ Today is not OK, how about tomorrow?
ASKING "WHERE IS SOMETHING"
- wǒde qián ne 我的钱呢？ Where is my money?
- Lǐ Lǎoshī ne 李老师呢？ Where is Teacher Li?
Grammar 2: Exclamatory Sentences With 太.……了 Structure in Chinese · HSK 1
There are different ways to make Exclamatory Sentences in Chinese, one of them is with 太……了 Structure. We put an Adjective in the middle:
太 + Adjective + 了 ！
- tài piányi le 太便宜了！ (It's) so cheap!
- tài guì le 太贵了！ (It's) too expensive!
- tài hǎohē le 太好喝了！(It's) so tasty!
- tài xiǎo le 太小了！ (It's) too small!
Grammar 3: Descriptive Particle 的 in Chinese in Chinese · HSK 1
We learned 的 being a Possessive Particle before, today we'll learn another usage. It's the Descriptive Particle 的. We can use it to help an Adjective to describe a Noun or a Noun Phrase:
Adjective + 的 + Noun (Phrase)
- piányi de cháyè 便宜的茶叶 cheap tea leaves
- guì de kāfēi 贵的咖啡 expensive coffee
- dà de Hànyǔ xuéxiào 大的汉语学校 big Chinese school / major Chinese school
- hǎochī de shuǐguǒ 好吃的水果 tasty fruits
Grammar 4: Say Too Expensive and So Cheap in Chinese: 贵 VS. 便宜 · HSK 2
If we want to say too expensive and so cheap in Chinese, we use guì 贵 for expensive, and piányi 便宜 for inexpensive or cheap.
- zhè tái kāfēijī hěn piányi 这台咖啡机很便宜。This "tai" (of) coffee maker (is) very cheap.
- nàxiē diànnǎo hěn guì 那些电脑很贵。Those computers (are) very expensive.