4. 过 guò · HSK 3
v. 动词 dòngcí ▸ to move from one place to another; to pass by, to pass through, or to go by a place
- guò jiē
to go-across (the) street
- guò hé
to go-across (the) river
- Zhèlǐ chē duō, nǐ guò jiē de shíhou duō kàn yí xià.
Here (-) vehicles (are) a lot, (at the) time (when) you go-across (the) street watch (out) “more” “really quick”.
- Kuài dào le, guò le qiánmiàn nà jiā kāfēiguǎn zài wáng nán zǒu jǐ bǎi mǐ.
Soon (we will) arrive (already), after going-pass that “jia” (of) coffee-house (at the) front again walk a-few hundreds (of) meters towards (the) south.
v. 动词 dòngcí ▸ to move from one time point to another time point; to go through/pass a time (period/point)
- guò jié
to go-pass-(the time-period of) (a) holiday
- guò shēngrì
to go-pass-(the time of) (one’s) birthday
- guò sān tiān
to go-pass-(the time-period of) three days
- guò jǐ ge xiǎoshí
to go-pass-(the time-period of) a-few “ge” (of) hours
- Māma, jīn nián de Mǔqīn Jié nǐ xiǎng zěnme guò?
Mom, how (do) you want to go-pass-(the time of) (/“celebrate”) Mother(’s) Day (of) this year?
- Wǎnshang guò le jiǔ diǎn yǐhòu bié gěi wǒ dǎ diànhuà.
(In the) time (that is) after 9 o’clock (in the) evening (do) not make phone-calls to me.
❖ In the following two sentences, it's not directly talking about "time passing" but it's implied, because "time passes" when people's lives go on.
- Nǐ xiànzài de shēnghuó guò de zěnmeyàng? Wǒ zhǐ xīwàng nǐ guò de bǐ wǒ hǎo.
How (is) your present life getting-by? I just hope (that) you get-by better than me.
- Líhūn yǐhòu, tā yí ge rén dài zhe háizi guò de hěn xīnkǔ.
(In the) time (that is) after getting-divorced, he (as) one “ge” (of single) person “taking”(/bringing up) (the) kid (has been) getting-by very difficult.